Pages

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pretty Prints with a Classic Twist!

All of my readers already know about my love of prints... and making Polyvore collages.  In this collage, I show you how to take a classic little black dress and make it funky, trendy, and fun!




A little black dress is a wardrobe staple. I chose one in a very classic style to offset all the trendy accessories. I paired it with floral print combat boots and a leopard print clutch - a combo I am very fond of and talked about before.  Combat boots are traditionally edgy and heavy, and but the floral print gives them a light and girly feel.  The print is set on a black background which coordinates with the dress.  The leopard print also incorporates a bit of black in it, but the reason it can be worn in an outfit like this is because it is made of entirely of neutral colors- brown and black spots on a tan background.  Finally,  I chose a clear, whitish necklace.  I didn't want to go too bold with the necklace because of the funky prints, but the chunky stones stand out without being too much.

To complete this look, I would slick the hair back into a top knot.  It mirrors the sleek, classic style of the dress and ties the outfit all together.  I would stick with neutral colored eyes, a slightly winged black liner on the top lid, and a bright pink lipstick that matches the bright pink on the floral print combat boot.

Leave me a comment and let me know how you style your LBD!

No comments:

Post a Comment