Pages

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Flawless Face Skincare Routine

Recently I posted about my favorite self-tanning products.  I touched a bit on exfoliation and moisturizing the skin before applying self-tan.  Healthy skin is a key to getting a gorgeous glow, whether you choose to use self-tanner or not.

I have combination, acne-prone skin.  Until recently, nothing I've tried has worked to clear my blemishes and give me beautiful, radiant skin.  I decided to share my routine because I understand the struggle to achieve a flawless face.  I am not sponsored to nor was I requested to review any of these products.



First, I start basic: cleanser.  I use go 360 Clean Deep Exfoliating Scrub by L'Oreal Paris Skin Expertise.  The product itself is filled with tiny exfoliating beads and also comes with a rubber scrubber.   I splash warm water on my face, then apply the product and rub it with my hands.  After that, I use the scrub brush attached to the bottle.  It gets all of the dirt and makeup off of my face and unclogs my pores.  After I use this, my face just feels cleaner.  I've noticed that it helps a great deal with my acne as well.  Personally, I need the exfoliation.  I have tried the Anti-Breakout Facial Cleanser by L'Oreal Paris Skin Expertise, which in my opinion is the same as the Deep Exfoliating Scrub, but without the exfoliating beads, and it does not work as well for me.  It comes with a scrub brush just like the Deep Exfoliating Scrub, so there is light exfoliation.  My skin responds the best to the Deep Exfoliating Scrub.  This product is sold at drugstores.  I bought mine at Walmart for less than $5.

The next step in my skin care routine is my most recent discovery and my absolute favorite skin care product.  It is called the Dead Sea Mud Spa Fabric Mask by Montagne Jeunesse.  I've tried a drugstore face mask once before this, and my whole face turned red for days, so I was leary of trying another one.  I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of this product.  The product is a moist, green fabric with facial features cut out of it.  You simply open the package and set the mask on your face.  It gives a relaxing cooling sensation while on.  After waiting ten to fifteen minutes, the mask is ready to be peeled off.  There will be a green residue left on the face.  Massage it a bit and then rinse it off.  Afterwards, the skin is glowing.  I noticed that my acne started to heal.  This is also a product bought at Walmart for under $3, but can't seem to find it online.

After using the Dead Sea Mud Spa Fabric Mask, I moisturize my face with my go-to moisturizer: Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion For All Skin Types.  This product was recommended to me about a year ago by my dermatologist.  Some moisturizers feel heavy and oily on the skin, but this one never does.  It is lightweight and leaves my skin hydrated, soft, and smooth.  I buy this product at Walgreens stores for under $10.

My final step is my acne treatment.  I use a product called Aczone, which was prescribed to me by my dermatologist.  I was told that Aczone acts as an anti-inflammatory, reducing the swelling and redness of acne.  Originally, I was prescribed this product to counteract along with another one to dry up the blemishes.  Since my skin gets dry easily, I found that the product used to dry up the blemishes was too harsh for my skin, but using Aczone alone makes a huge impact.  I would strongly recommend asking your dermatologist about Aczone.  It has worked wonders for me.

My biggest set back with acne was not washing my makeup off at the end of the day.  I know it seems like common sense, but sometimes if I was extremely tired I wouldn't or I would forget to wash it off.  It didn't happen very often, but when it did I almost always woke up with zits on my face the next day. There are a lot of situations which may cause a person to neglect to take their makeup off -- being exhausted after a long day, going to the gym, a long plane or train ride, and I'm sure many others.  If you're sleeping or sweating, your face shouldn't be covered in makeup.  My quick fix for that is always having baby wipes on hand.  Seems simple enough, but many people don't think of it.  I usually just buy the generic drugstore baby wipes.  They are in no way a substitute for a skin care routine, but are most definitely better than nothing.

Everyone's skin is different, so products that work for me may not necessarily work for others.  Leave a comment and let me know what your favorite skin care products are.

1 comment:

  1. I will check it out for sure. Just looked and at the website and I love that it is all natural.

    ReplyDelete