Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2016

Spring 2016 Everyday Beauty Routine

Everyday Beauty Routine


Beauty routine need an update?  Check out mine for a little inspiration.  This is my go-to basic look for Spring 2016.  All products pictured above are linked at the bottom of this post.  I will be posting a video review with my favorite makeup products by next week.  But this post will be an overview.
 
The products pictured above create a fresh face with a glossy lip and a pop of color with a teal liner. 



 
Start by prepping and priming your face and eyes.  I will go over my favorite priming products in an upcoming post by next week.  If needed, use a concealer on any blemishes or redness.  I like to wait until after my foundation is applied to conceal dark circles, but I always conceal blemishes and redness first.  Next, apply your foundation.  Currently I'm using the Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation and loving it.  Apply an under eye brightener, like the Smashbox one pictured above, if necessary.  Highlight and contour your face.  My quick highlight/contour tutorial will be available soon.  If desired, use a setting powder.  Personally, I like the dewy finish my Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation gives me, so I skip this step.  Apply a peachy-pink blush that compliments your skin tone to give your face a pretty springtime flush.
 
For the eyes, apply a teal eyeliner as desired for a pop of color.  I like to apply a black winged line on top with a teal line just above it.  Sometimes, I also do a black line on top and a pop of teal on the bottom.  It is all up to personal preference.  Switch up the colors to purple, green, gold, or pink to freshen the look.  Apply false lashes if desired and mascara.
 
A glossy lip completes this look.  Depending on the occasion, you may want to use a liner and/or lipstick before applying a gloss.

No comments:

Post a Comment